Precision Laboratory Heat sealer – for accurate and repeatable determination of heat seal threshold. Precise control of heat sealing process variables (temperature, pressure, and time), enables an optimal balance of material specification, packaging machine speed and seal integrity. Accuracy and repeatability in laboratory heat seal testing is vital, and the HS-2 has become established as the ‘Industry Standard’ for this purpose. Produces seals 5 – 25 mm wide and up to 50 mm long.
RDM HS-2 Laboratory Heat Sealer
- Choose heat sealing bar configuration, either single (upper) or dual (upper & lower, meets ASTM F2029)
- User can easily change sealing bar for various surface areas or surface f inishes
- Accurate and repeatable seals due to precision ground sealing faces and jaw guidance system
- Versatile applications for flexible materials, blister packs and pots
- Low Maintenance – 12 months between calibrations
- Precise pressure calibration of standard surface area jaw face
- Temperature, pressure and dwell time digital controllers
- Jaws constructed in aluminum and silicon with precision ground faces
- Range of jaw face surfaces including Matched Crimp and Teflon Coating
- Auto cycle feature for greater user convenience with multiple samples
- Temperature Control:
- 0 – 300C (0 – 572F) 0.1C resolution ±0.5% ±1 digit accuracy
- Operating temperature accuracy ±2C
- Resistance Type ‘PT100’ sensing
- 0 – 100 psi (0 – 6.8 bar, 0 – 689 Kpa) via digital display and transducer
- Pressure control through precision regulator
- Repeatability ±0.02 PSI Operation accuracy ±5%
- Supply via factory compressed air line or nitrogen or compressed air bottles min 6 bar (90 psi) max. 7 bar (100 psi)
- Pressure medium must be clean and dry
- Dwell Time:
- 0.01 – 99.9 sec. 0.01 sec resolution real time base via quartz crystal ±0.01% of range
- Operating accuracy ±5% (taking into account friction in piston movement)
- Delay Time:
- 0.1 – 99.9 sec. 0.1 sec resolution real time base via quartz crystal, ±0.1% of range
- Assists with the correct alignment of the pouch/bag/sample
- Connection port for footswitch operation
- Optional footswitch
- Sealing Jaw:
- Single jaw option: Top heated with silicone rubber (60 shore hardness) 5 mm – 25 mm wide x 50 mm long
- Jaws made from aluminum with machine ground flat face
- Power: 240V AC 50/60 Hz (110V AC voltage available on request)
- PVC Dust cover
- Alarm package for temperature over and under band (selectable). Pressure High/Low alarm. When alarm activated audible alarm sounds and inhibit of sealing initiated.
- Crimp profiled slide-on jaws 120 deg x 1.8 mm pitch.
- Cold Seal Option (temperature circuit removed) supplied with flat or crimp profiled jaws.
- Teflon coated tape or permanent Teflon coating
- Digital thermometer and s/s band probe to check the actual temperatures of sealing Jaw
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.