Attension Theta is an advanced and versatile contact angle meter for highly accurate measurements of static and dynamic contact angle, 3D surface roughness, surface free energy, surface and interfacial tension, and interfacial rheology.
Incredibly easy to use.
- Fully modular design makes it simple for you to change configurations. You always have the optimal setup for your experiment making it unnecessary to have multiple instruments for different measurement purposes.
- Easily upgradeable from a fully manual configuration all the way up to the most advanced fully automated system and all the parts are plug-and-play.
- Theta and all its modules are controlled with OneAttension software that has been designed for extreme user-friendliness. OneAttension analyzes your results in real time and includes a batch quality control measurement mode for efficient industrial surface quality control.
Packed with smart features
- For example, the automatic disposable tip dispenser ensures you don’t need to worry about cleaning as droplets are created precisely using a disposable pipette tip. The droplet volume is calculated from the real time image with advanced machine vision to ensure repeatability.
- Theta can be combined easily with a number of modules that bring power and additional capabilities to the system. You can predict emulsion and foam stability using the pulsating drop module. If you work in oil and gas research, you can use the high pressure chamber for example for enhanced oil recovery improvement. You can quantify surface homogeneity through advanced and receding contact angles using the tilting cradle. The Picoliter dispenser is used for inkjet application as well as studying the wettability of small substrates. And you can control the measurement environment using an electrically heated temperature chamber and other environmental chambers.
Offers broader surface science possibilities
- Theta can be combined with a unique 3D Topography module that takes the wettability and adhesion analysis into a completely new level. It is the first system that can measure both contact angle and surface roughness of the sample in a single measurement – and calculate the contact angle without the effect of the roughness. This is extremely important when using samples that have a rough surface or when evaluating surface treatments such as plasma activation that typically affect both surface roughness and surface chemistry.
- Theta’s camera offers the best imaging features in the market to enable capturing the fastest wetting phenomena up to 3009 fps and experiencing the most precise drop shape analyses with 1984 x 1264 pixel resolution. Included in every Attension Theta system as a default.
Optical tensiometers are used in a great variety of industries such as chemicals, pharmaceuticals, electronics, foods, energy, paper and packaging.
Theta harnesses the power of full automation to deliver unparalleled performance and ease of use for the most demanding research and industrial applications. It enables investigation of material properties such as:
- Surface Roughness
- Emulsion and Foam Stability
Theta is able to perform a complete range of automated measurements, which makes it a highly versatile instrument in research, industrial and QC laboratories. Measurements include: static contact angle with the sessile drop, captive bubble and meniscus methods, dynamic contact angle with the tilted drop and sessile drop methods, surface free energy, surface/interfacial tension with the pendant drop and reverse pendant drop methods, 3D surface roughness with the Fringe projection phase shifting method, and interfacial dilatational rheology with the pulsating drop method.
Theta enables you to choose the level of automation and the advanced functionalities that you need for your applications. It also a high degree of modularity and an extensive range of accessories that allow you to upgrade or change the instrument as your needs evolve.
Attension optical tensiometers use a monochromatic cold LED light source and a smooth lighting integration sphere to minimize sample evaporation. Image quality is guaranteed with a high-resolution digital camera and a high-speed data transfer between the computer and the instrument.
The system comes with OneAttension control software for analysis of drop shapes. It uses for example, the Young-Laplace equation as a reference method and can fit the entire drop profile. It complies with the promise of performance and simplicity:
- Fully automatic measurements avoid user dependent variation and saves time.
- Select ready-made experiment recipes or create custom programs for quick and repeatable operations.
- Automatic base line detection and drop shape fitting
- Contact angle on curved surfaces (circular or near-circular)
- Flexible and programmable frame per second rate recorded by the camera
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.