The VeriLinkRxoffers a practical solution to monitor samples of narcotics returned to the hospital pharmacy. An easy to perform and fast measurement will alert staff that the returned sample does not match what was dispenses originally. Using a highly accurate refractive index measurement, pharmacy staff can be quickly alerted to possible incidences of drug diversion or tampering
VeriLinkRx for Narcotic / Drug Diversion Testing
- Drug Diversion is a problem, because 15% of healthcare professionals struggle with drug dependence at some point
in their career contributing to the drug diversion problem.
- Testing narcotics returned to the hospital pharmacy with the VeriLinkRx alerts staff to tampered or sub-therapeutic dosage levels.
- The VeriLinkRx can be used to test Morphine, Hydromorphone, Oxycodone, Fentanyl, and other narcotics.
- Standard existing chain of custody control measures like biometric scanning, audit trails, passwords, and witness documentation are not sufficient to ensure that narcotics are returned to the hospital pharmacy untampered and undiluted.
Secure log in system
The results obtained from the VeriLinkRx could become the subject of legal action and so the data storage system is designed in line with the FDA approved 21 CFR part 11 data storage guidelines. This means each user has a unique password and the instrument tracks which users made the measurements. Results cannot be deleted or altered and the instrument keeps a detailed audit trail so deliberate attempts at modifying results by mis-calibration and the like will be recorded.
Secure Data Backup
The VeriLinkRx can be used in either stand alone or network mode. When used in stand alone mode all data is automatically backed up to an external drive. When used in network mode all data is backed up to a network. For all data storage options see: Refractometer Data Storage
The VeriLinkRx is easily integrated into your hospital pharmacy workflow.
- Testing returned Narcotics with VeriLinkRx takes just seconds.
- Hospital pharmacists can integrate the VeriLinkRx into their work flow by adding an audit or spot check routine.
- Audits can be done for individual staff, shifts or departments: returning narcotics can be routinely or randomly tested and deviations noted.
- Inspection of historical VeriLinkRx data can show patterns requiring investigation or further action.
- Further action can include:
- Investigation of suspect samples.
- Third party testing.
- Urine testing for individual staff, shifts, or departments.
Benefits – Becomes a part of your chain of custody program
- A high volume, low cost way to combat drug diversion.
- Measurement time required – 10 seconds.
- Sample volume – 200 microliters.
- Measurment information is stored in a searchable and exportable database along with verification result, patient ID, medical staff, time and date.
- VeriLinkRx is easy to use with minimal training.
- Create a baseline drug reference library for each drug in your facility.
- VeriLinkRx detects when Fentanyl has been diluted.
Quality Laboratory Instrument designed for High Accuracy and Long-Life
The VerilinkRx is part of the Rudolph Research Refractometer Product Line and shares many quality features carried throughout the entire product line.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.